Haugland Group has an immediate need for a Tugboat Master/Mate.
The primary responsibility and authority for the execution of all vessel assignments including, but not limited to, planning the most efficient and safe operation of the vessel and its crew, implementing the operating plan in a cost-effective manner, and evaluating and reporting the results. It is the responsibility of all Masters to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and to meet all requirements in the Safety Management System Manual (SMS) and to properly document. Masters/Mates will have the specific obligation to ensure that all personnel assigned to vessels are provided with information, instructions, and directions necessary for meeting the program objectives of safety, environmental protection, and quality service through knowledgeable and competent execution of assigned tasks.
- Ensure safe navigation of the vessel at all times.
- Conduct required drills, training, safety meetings, and maintains records of such, per company policy.
- Conduct and ensures compliance with vessel maintenance and inspection requirements as prescribed by the company.
- Inspect vessel to ensure conformance with safety standards and maritime regulations.
- Work closely with customers, pilots, and appropriate government agencies to ensure the proper performance of the job.
- Ensure prompt and accurate reporting of all equipment failures, illnesses, incidents, accidents and damages.
- Maintain current knowledge of all maritime laws.
- Direct and supervise crew members in safe and productive operation of the vessel, its machinery and equipment.
- Hold the crew accountable for their adherence to maritime law, company policies and procedures, and their individual performance/productivity.
- Evaluate all crewmembers in accordance with Company policy and take action as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of vessel handling and navigational skills commensurate with operating assignments.
- Working knowledge of propulsion, auxiliary and deck machinery.
- Must possess strong written and oral communicative skills.
- Must be able to economically supervise all aspects of the operation of the vessel, its cargo and crew.
- Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to withstand exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, heat, wind, heavy seas, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to a variety of work schedules and hours including weekends, holidays, and nights. Willing to take call outs.
- Must possess and maintain a National Master/mate 200/500 inland, NC license, Master of Towing, STCW, Radar Endorsement, MMC, and TWIC.
- 3 to 5 years' experience as a Master or Operating Mate on towing vessels.
- Valid state driver's license.
Compensation is highly competitive, commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Haugland Group LLC and its operating divisions, affiliates, related entities, and subsidiaries (collectively, “the Company”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered property of the Company and therefore, the Company will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Only upon the Company’s written request may preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with the Company must be in place and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).