Haugland Group has an immediate need for a tugboat engineer.
The Engineer (DDE Limited), is responsible for the maintenance, preservation, operation, and readiness of the ship's propulsion machinery, mechanical and electrical systems, and damage control equipment. The Engineer is also responsible for fueling, pollution control, liquid load and ballasting, logs and record keeping, procurement and inventory control, and storage and accountability of all HAZMATs.
- Troubleshoot and repair all engines, pumps, machinery, deck machinery, and electrical components.
- Maintain proper markings, tags, and color coding of various systems.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of engineering spaces.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of onboard alarms and safety systems
- Responsible for safety of personnel in engine room
- Responsible for assisting in monthly engineering reports to be submitted to management
- Maintain vessel parts inventory levels
Supervisory and Leadership of Direct Staff
- Serve as company "Field Representative" during major machinery overhaul
- Perform all Vessel Maintenance System - Engine Room inspections
- Train deckhand-engineers in preventive maintenance procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong maritime background with a thorough understanding of vessel operations and equipment capabilities/limitations
- Ability to independently implement all routine engineering procedures
- Implement appropriate casualty control measures in response to engineering casualties
- Read/interpret technical data, specifications, and drawings
- Basic knowledge of welding and burning procedures and hot work safety precautions
- Ability to safely transfer fuel and oils
- Knowledge of MARPOL regulations and pollution prevention procedures
- Maintenance and operation of bilge, ballast, fire, fresh water and sanitary systems
- Ability to communicate, in English, across all written, spoken and listening levels
- Licensing: Must possess a valid USCG Licensing/ DDE/Q-med/may look at AB with strong mechanical background
- Must possess a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Working in engine room in hot, wet, humid, noisy, and odorous conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to paints, solvents, thinners, and fumes
Compensation is highly competitive, commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Haugland Group LLC and its operating divisions, affiliates, related entities, and subsidiaries (collectively, “the Company”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered property of the Company and therefore, the Company will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Only upon the Company’s written request may preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with the Company must be in place and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).