Grace Industries has an immediate opportunity for an experienced estimator with familiarity of heavy civil construction projects, including roadway and bridge construction and rehabilitation, highway and airport paving, utilities, earthwork, drainage and foundations.
- Prepare cost estimates for projects as per company business model and industry standards
- Collaborate with project management staff and external design firms on design-build proposals
- Attend pre-qualification events and site visits as required
- Manage, oversee or perform take-offs, evaluations and quantity surveys
- Participate and contribute in weekly meetings with estimating and operations teams
- Analyze bid documents to determine the scope of work and prepare the bid in compliance with Owners' requirements
- Communicate and maintain relationships with subcontractors
- Solicit and analyze subcontractor and vendor proposals
- Prepare all Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Suggest value engineering options and costs
- Work with project management teams throughout the project lifecycle, including pre-construction functions and change orders
- Mentor junior members of the estimating department
- 10+ years of estimating experience in the heavy civil construction industry
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field is a plus
- Bid-Build, Best Value, and Design-Build experience preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and estimating software systems (HCSS HeavyBid, Accubid, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the greater New York construction market
- Able to work independently or with a team to complete estimates or proposals efficiently while meeting deadlines
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, and a strong work ethic
Compensation is highly competitive, commensurate with ability. We offer an excellent benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).