Haugland Group has an immediate need for a full-time proposal writer and coordinator.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, highly organized individual to join the proposal team to research, draft and format all written subject matter associated with its proposal submissions.
- Write, prepare, and revise/edit proposals, qualification-based proposal submissions, and employee/corporate resumes
- Understand and interpret Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
- Gather information from various sources and prepare/manage a schedule of deliverables
- Interview subject matter experts (SMEs) to gain knowledge to prepare proposals
- 2+ years of relevant experience in technical writing, preference given to those in the civil or utilities construction industry
- Bachelor degree in English, Communications or Marketing
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Experience preparing proposals for utilities, municipalities and government agencies preferred
- Familiarity with Design Build and Best Value bid process
- Superb verbal/written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, and a strong work ethic
- Think strategically and execute tactically, with attention to detail. Excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to work and manage multiple proposals/projects simultaneously, working in a fast-paced environment, while prioritizing responsibilities and balancing workload to meet deadlines
- Participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment, as well as independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced proficiency in Word
In addition to submitting a resume, please also submit an example work product.
Compensation is highly competitive, commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Haugland Group LLC and its operating divisions, affiliates, related entities, and subsidiaries (collectively, “the Company”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered property of the Company and therefore, the Company will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Only upon the Company’s written request may preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with the Company must be in place and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).