Project Superintent (USVI)
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, highly organized individual to join our USVI operations, and oversee all daily operations to ensure proper site safety, construction progress, quality control, housekeeping and daily log activities.
- Provide guidance, leadership, mentorship, and direct supervision of site staff, including assistant superintendents, laborers and other construction related personnel
- Maintain a professional working relationship with Owner’s field representatives. Escalate conflicts to the Project Manager to avoid unnecessary confrontations.
- Management of schedule, including weekly preparation of 2-week look ahead and daily work schedule
- Proactively schedule and coordinate all subcontractors to ensure completion of the project in accordance with the project schedule and to ensure that no additional costs are required for completion of work
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, and inspections
- Manage labor force and usage
- Coordinate equipment needs and usage
- Ensure assigned jobsite operations are in compliance with design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards
- Work in partnership with project management to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
- Run weekly meetings, including project and subcontractor meetings
- Initiate RFI process; consisting of the creation of and suggestions on solutions to site issues
- Continuously promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner
- Manage close out process and warranty responses with project manager
- Produce and maintain a daily log in Microsoft TEAM
- 8+ years of experience as a superintendent on heavy civil construction projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, Vista Viewpoint (or similar ERP system)
- Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, preferences and culture
- Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, and a strong work ethic
Compensation highly competitive, commensurate with ability. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Haugland Group LLC and its operating divisions, affiliates, related entities, and subsidiaries (collectively, “the Company”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered property of the Company and therefore, the Company will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Only upon the Company’s written request may preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with the Company must be in place and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).