Grace Industries has an immediate opportunity for a paving superintendent with familiarity of heavy civil construction projects, including roadway construction & rehabilitation, bridge construction & rehabilitation, and highway & airport paving.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and supervise paving crews, subcontractors and craft labor activities for all assigned projects
- Liaise with various internal departments to ensure that all materials, labor and equipment are in place for scheduled work
- Coordinate with project management staff to ensure the productivity and the ultimate success of the project
- Comply with and enforce all safety initiatives, and work with the safety department to ensure a safe work environment
- Examine field conditions to identify problems or inaccuracies that may affect productivity and/or costs on projects
- Complete all required contract compliance reports and documentation
- Some night work will be necessary
- 5+ years of paving experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field is a plus
- Proven ability to manage and supervise a staff
- Strong understanding of the greater New York construction market
- Previous work with DOT, PANYNJ and local municipalities is a plus
- Ability to work independently, as well as, with other crew management, customers, subcontractors and the general public
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, and a strong work ethic
Compensation is highly competitive, commensurate with ability. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Haugland Group LLC and its operating divisions, affiliates, related entities, and subsidiaries (collectively, “the Company”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered property of the Company and therefore, the Company will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Only upon the Company’s written request may preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with the Company must be in place and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).