Experienced diesel mechanic sought to service our varied fleet in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
**This position is based in the U.S. Virgin Islands**
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, highly organized individual to join the fleet maintenance department who is capable of maintaining and repairing a wide variety of construction equipment. Successful candidates will perform thorough routine maintenance, as well as reliable corrective troubleshooting on a variety of equipment types, including tractor trailers, heavy duty construction equipment, light duty trucks/ automobiles and machines in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- All aspects of routine maintenance and corrective troubleshooting on a varied fleet of vehicles and industrial construction equipment
- 5+ years of experience with tractor trailers, automotive and small engines. Welding skills and experience with heavy equipment preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license required, CDL preferred
- personal tool set a must
- Participates productively as a contributing member in a team environment
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, and a strong work ethic
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime and/or weekends on short notice
Compensation highly competitive, commensurate with ability. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Haugland Group LLC and its operating divisions, affiliates, related entities, and subsidiaries (collectively, “the Company”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered property of the Company and therefore, the Company will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Only upon the Company’s written request may preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with the Company must be in place and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).