Jr. Civil Estimator
Grace Industries has an immediate opportunity for junior estimator with familiarity of heavy civil construction projects, including roadway and bridge construction and rehabilitation, highway and airport paving, utilities, earthwork, drainage and foundations.
- Prepare cost estimates for projects as per company business model and industry standards
- Assist senior team members with larger bid preparation
- Attend pre-qualification events and site visits as required
- Manage, oversee or perform take-offs, evaluations and quantity surveys
- Participate and contribute in weekly meetings with estimating and operations teams
- Analyze bid documents to determine the scope of work and prepare the bid in compliance with Owners' requirements
- Communicate and maintain relationships with subcontractors
- Solicit and analyze subcontractor and vendor proposals
- Prepare all Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Suggest value engineering options and costs
- Work with project management teams throughout the project lifecycle, including pre-construction functions and change orders
- 2+ years of estimating experience in the heavy civil construction industry
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field is a plus
- Preference given to candidates with AutoCAD experience
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and estimating software systems (HCSS HeavyBid, Accubid, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the greater New York construction market
- Able to work independently or with a team to complete estimates or proposals efficiently while meeting deadlines
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, and a strong work ethic
Compensation is highly competitive, commensurate with ability. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Haugland Group LLC and its operating divisions, affiliates, related entities, and subsidiaries (collectively, “the Company”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered property of the Company and therefore, the Company will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Only upon the Company’s written request may preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with the Company must be in place and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).