Haugland Group has an immediate need for a full-time Contract Administrator to provide all forms of contract-related support through all phases of contract award, administration, and closeout.
As our Contract Administrator you'll be expected to meet these essential job accountabilities:
- Communicate with Owner in all areas that relate to contract documentation
- Coordinate with Field to prepare, review and evaluate monthly cost with finance department
- Develop, edit, review, and maintain all contractual documentation and files in accordance with all required regulations
- Review and conduct cost/price analysis of contractor proposals
- Assist in preparing and negotiating of all the elements of a potential contract or solicitation including schedule, performance, and price; and prepare related documents
- Support and document contract closings including projecting final contract price
- Analyze, compute, and track contract payments and support the resolution of payment-related problems
- Assist and work with Project Manager to help resolve contract issues
- Review, evaluate, execute and document contracts for subcontractors
- Create, document and maintain purchase orders of goods and/or services in accordance with the contract
- Update & Maintain company/agency ERP system with all current project information in the appropriate programs. Change Orders, Purchase Orders, Subcontract Ledger, Progress Entry, Project Submittals, Job Cost.
- This position is critically dependent on computer system interaction. Extensive computer experience is necessary.
- Assist with monitoring contractual compliance requirements.
- A 4-year course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in any field and 10 years of experience.
- Ten (10) or more years in construction management and/or construction experience (i.e. project manager) in a similar field of construction with specific emphasis on contract administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work within a customer-oriented environment and provide quality service must be detailed oriented
- Working comprehension of contracts and specifications including but not limited to NYSDOT, Port Authority and local municipalities
- Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to identify problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and makes recommendations
Compensation highly competitive, commensurate with ability. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Haugland Group LLC and its operating divisions, affiliates, related entities, and subsidiaries (collectively, “the Company”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered property of the Company and therefore, the Company will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Only upon the Company’s written request may preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with the Company must be in place and current.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).